View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #761
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Halfred gave out the last of the letters, then drew Aman's slowly out of the sack. He peered at it as if short sighted, bringing it closer, then farther, from his eyes.

"Hmm, I can't really see the name, and it doesn't look familiar now..." He murmered. Aman grinned, then gasped loudly, pointing out of the window.

"Look!" As the postman looked, the woman took advantage of his distraction, slipping the letter from his hand. Halfred looked back and stared for a moment at his empty hand, a puzzled frown on his face, before grinning at Aman.

"Well, you are a sly one, Mistress Aman," He chuckled, then rose from where he sat, draining the last of his ale. "Well, I must be off."

"You won't stay for another pint?"

Halfred lingered for a moment, then shook his head. "No, no, really I must be off. Thankyou Mistress Aman, and 'twas a pleasure making your aquaintance once more." He tugged his cap and proceded out of the Inn.

Aman inspected the letter, and was about to open it, when Cami rushed up to her.

"Aman, look!" She flourished a letter, and indicated a passage, still beaming. "I have a friend coming to the Inn, Eodwine, a messenger of the King of Rohan-"

"The king of Rohan? Very prestigious!" She frowned; the name had seemed familiar, and she just wanted to check. There was a newcomer in the Inn as well, and Aman noticed that when Cami had said his name, he had looked up, as if he was being addressed. "What did you say his name was?"

"He is one of Bird's friends- Eodwine. He-"

Aman saw the newcomer, a man dressed in what she recognised as Rohan dress, look up again. She nodded to him, making Cami turn. "I think you may have your Eodwine." She murmered. Approaching him, she smiled. "Good day sir, can I get you a drink?"

[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]