View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 10:33 PM   #81
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I knew my Mom and Dad liked Tolkien, because they had the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings on our bookcase. So, about two years ago, at age 12, I picked up The Hobbit and decided to read it.

I read Chapter 1 and was bored to tears. I almost gave up, but, thankfully, didn't. By the end of chapter 2, I was hooked. I finished it in about a day.

That night, I started Fellowship and was COMPLETELY hooked. Mesmerized in the world of Middle-Earth. The only thing I skimmed while reading it for the first time was the Council of Elrond chapter, in which I was completely lost after about two pages of monologues. But I plunged forward, and, in less than a week, I had finished LOTR.

Since then, I've read LOTR no less than ten times, and I've read The Hobbit about eight times. A year ago, I finally persuaded my brother (who was 11 at the time) to read The Hobbit, and he got hooked on it and LOTR just like I did. Can't get him to read The Silmarillion, though.

So there it is. I've read LOTR and Hobbit multiple times, Silmarillion once, and Volumes 6-9 of History of M-E twice. I tried reading The Book of Lost Tales but was bored to tears. I'm dying to get my hands on Unfinished Tales.

FRODO LIVES!!!

[ 11:35 PM November 29, 2003: Message edited by: Elladan and Elrohir ]

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote