View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 05:58 PM   #107
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
I read the hobbit for a book report in 7th grade. I devoured it! I was 12 (it was before my birthday) and when I presented it too my classmates, they looked at me like I was insane. And I explained it pretty well. I think it depends on the emotional age of the person. Well, I got the LOTR one volume edition for my 13th b-day, and really was going to read it, and got about 1/2 way through the FOTR before my backpack (and back!) just about broke from the weight. So, I decided to get the single volumes out of the library. Finally, this year, I'm 15 now, my high school library got the FOTR in (someone "lost it") so I devoured it, And went and bought the other two. Read all in under two weeks, about two months ago. So, I'm a newbie to the Tolkien world, but am very much in love with it. I plan to reread it multiple times, to understand even deeper the subplots and enjoy the characters. (Next pet I get will be called Frodo or Legolas or Arwen. Not sure yet!)