View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril Elves and Hobbits!

Okay, there have been lots of threads smashing the movies and picking them apart. I'm not so much against that because I've taken part and would have rather liked to see them more like the books. There were several things that might have been changed to make them better, and yet there were also many things that I don't think could have been more well done.

Now that I've made an introduction that gives you (or me) little idea about what I really want to talk about, I'll get into it. I only have two things to comment on at the time being...Elves and Hobbits - as my title suggests.

I think that the elves were rather well done. While watching the FotR again this evening for goodness knows how many times, I noticed particularly Galadriel and how she appeared in the Mirror scene. I think that part's awesome. But what I noticed tonight for maybe the first time was the light. Behind her and about her was a light that came from herself, I guess. I wondered if it was just a light there, but Frodo didn't have it, of course, and I thought that was the coolest thing!

The hobbits, I'm sorry to say, weren't spectacular. Out of all of them, I think Sam was the best done (now, now people, it's not because he's my favorite, though you all might think so, seeing my posts on that favorite hobbit thread). The others, Frodo especially, don't really look, or even talk, like Hobbits. Of course, they grow on you and you end up loving them by the end of the trilogy, but I really wish they could have tried to find others. (I take back the 'weren't spectacular' because Sam, at least, was.)

What do you all think of the elves and hobbits? Do you completely disagree with me, or only half way disagree with me? Or do you agree entirely? That would certainly be interestingly and wonderfully encouraging.

(If anyone wants to add wizards in here, I'd go for that. )