View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #405
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I still find Brinn worrisome, but:
If she’s a wolf, then the wolves thought Rikae was the seer. If they didn’t think so, it would be a terribly incriminating pick, even if Rikae gave them hunter/ranger vibes - hunter and ranger are typically not super effective early in the game, so you could safely leave Rikae for later and kill somebody else. The thing is, the way Rikae raised her suspicion on Brinn did not have a seerish vibe to me.
If Brinn is not a wolf this leaves a greater variety of possible reasons. The wolves’ prime target is the seer, but what do they do if they don’t see one yet? You can’t seer hunt on flimsy hunches: it’s pretty bad for a pack if every night’s kill has the same subset of suspects and it's them. If you’re clueless about the seer, offing someone who might be ranger or hunter, or who would likely be the most innocent-looking person the next day, or whose death will frame innocents - or ideally a combination or all of the above - is a sensible course.
This gives me enough reason to leave Brinniel be for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
Going back and looking over Rikae’s ‘bait-post’, this was especially insightful. Rikae speculates from Mac’s tone and approach that they’re either just happy to be playing again, or the quote given above. If you looked at some of Mac’s earlier posts on face value alone (for lie detecting in WW we don’t have the benefit of ‘face’ language), they’re using contractions, there is very little distance from who their subject is in their lists (using names directly, interspersed with memories/gossip, etc.), etc. They perhaps don’t omit everything and have some extraneous details here and there to roleplay a little with others, but when confronted on this, they cooperate with the questioning. It’s fun to be mysterious, to play, but the behavior above isn’t quite the one of someone trying to hide in the corner nor spend all their mental effort meticulously repeating an alibi.
I don’t think I’ve played with Macalaure in WW before, so I really don’t have the benefit of knowing their play style like others do, but I do know enough basics of looking for lying behavior and I’m not really seeing it in these posts. I didn’t see the logic entirely when players were trying to decide to make a Macwagon (another reason is that term alone is making me think of this: and then my mind just wants to make jokes the entire time…) the first Day.
One gets used to having their posts analyzed in werewolf, but this level of analysis makes me very nervous and uncomfortable. If you’re using your powers for evil, we’re all doomed.

Also, you’re right, we’ve both played tons of games, but we’ve never been in the same one together!

Also, to those who say “the wolves don’t pick their kill just to frame someone” - who says just?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
(especially since, as we’ve seen, this particular one apparently can “frame” either Brinn or Mac, depending on which one you ask)
If we’re both innocent, then.. both?? Wolves analyze who their kill will make look bad before they sign off on it! This dismissive tone is bothering me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Conclusions? I’d be very surprised if both Mac and Brinn are innocent.
Self-fulfilling prophecy maybe, but this is exactly how I’d expect a Green wolf to act if framing me and/or Brinn is part of their plan. Dismiss framing concerns, raise suspicion, and close with a noncommittal “one of them is a wolf”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Also, the "fake votes" debate was already going on by itself at that point, G55 was free to light another fire. The more, the merrier.
She may have started setting fires left and right, but in the end, she brought out the napalm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Framing or not framing you she would leave for you to sort out
Oh, I don’t think Gala was trying to frame me. I think she felt I was a wolf and tried to buddy up to the pack. I have no proof, but I see a coherent possibility that the wolves are trying to use that as part of their plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So why is he so fixated on that?
Not because of what Rikae said, but because Gala’s entire attack rested on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'm unwilling to go very meta on this
Yet you do go very meta on it. I could make a meta case against it, but won’t.

I am not fond of either Greenie or Lommy right now. At all.

Been rethinking Kitanna. While I obviously disagree with her case against me, I do feel like Kitanna’s accusations against me are a lot more earnest than Greenie and Lommy’s. Her taunting of Gala right before the deadline is also something only the boldest wolf would dare, I think. I’m gonna leave her and Legate be for now.

I feel the itch to make a suspicion list, but there are a whole number of people I haven’t been able to look at consistently, so I hope I’ll get to it.

Last edited by Macalaure; 05-07-2020 at 10:29 AM. Reason: crossed with everything on this page and then some, also badly messed up formatting
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote