View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 03:27 PM   #21
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

BD and Tolkien is something of the *best* that has happened to me. I just love to read and I think I've enjoyed it even more after I read Tolkien. However, at the same time, Tolkien and BD are in fact some of the worst that has happened to me too!

Quote:
Seriously, you can't be on the computer all the time, and you shouldn't. I'm sorry, but there is more to life than the Barrow Downs
You are sounding like my mother. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, you are right in a way, but I cannot help it. There is almost (Just almost) one thing in my head and that's is BD! Call me insane, crazy, a lunatic; choose whatever you like. But well, that's just the way it is. I fear going on holidays because then I cannot keep up! It's horrible!

Quote:
Enjoy the books, movies when you wish...visit The Downs for fun and refreshment...and get real! That's my opinion!
That's a darn good opinion. The Downs is fun, but I am obsessed too. Erm.. So, basically I spend far too much time here, but still it's fun. Is that wrong?

Anyway, the RPGs here are.. well.. a good reason to why I am so obsessed. And the fact that BD an Internet site has so much power over me, kills me! Okay, now I am sounding desperate.

Okay, over to the 'friends issue'. None of my friends like LOTR. (Only one.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) My school mates talk about Soap-Operas and other TV trash they watch (Mostly bad reality shows.) And when I just come up with a suggestion for another topic; 'none- Soap-Opera-TV-show' related they go on about how Wife Switch is better than LOTR and how they won't read Tolkien because they have TV and... those bad shows... It scares me, that I might one day loose my Tolkien and LOTR obsession over stupid Soap-Operas and Reality Trash! (I won't though.. I hope... Gee...)

*calms down..

I just had to get all that out..

*feels sooooo much better.

I have probably embarrassed myself enough on this post for the rest of my life. However, none of you know me here, so it's probably okay. Right?

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PS! I believe losing 'The-Tolkien-Obsession' isn't too bad, as long as you don't replace it with TV trash.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I know I am a bit off topic here, but just had to.. erm... say, that DO NOT REPLACE TOLKIEN WITH TV TRASH.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]