View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #70
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Durelin was the last to speak and he and Bordarigorn walked in silence. They had walked for a few hours when something caught his eye. Far off in the distance he saw a cloud of dust. He looked closer and could barely make out light glimmering from amidst the dust. Spears, he thought. Horse****! It's the army, it has to be. The elf sighed, he hadn't expected to pass them so soon...And that ment less time for those back in Lorien. He reached over and tapped Bordarigorn on the shoulder and merely whispered to him, "Army," pointing at the cloud of dust.

Bordarigorn immediately halted and brought the five others around him. Durelin only half listened as the man explained what was going on. But as Bordarigorn spoke of moving on, the elf was drawn to listen. Let's continue shall we. The army is gone. Sooner than I expected. We must hurry before a riot starts in the cave. Anuion is strong, but he can not fend of hundred soldiers bare handed. Not for a long time that is." The man spoke in a determined voice, and it seemed his speech had strengthened the spirit of the five elves walking behind Durelin. Their pace quickened and the soon came close to the army.

As they passed the army, Durelin was suprised at how easily they remained unoticed. The army was settled on their single purpose, that was for sure. They would reach the cave soon, somehow he knew it, even though he didn't know where it was. The bloodlust would come soon, and Durelin felt ashamed for being anxious for it to come. He shouldn't want to have to fight, slaughter. But after what their kind had done to him... No! Do not think of it! But something spoke to him from inside his head, "You will have to face it soon, or you will let a simple memory destroy you."

It is not a simple memory! his mind yelled back. I know I will have to face it, and I will. Soon, yes. But I am not ready. No, not yet. For some reason the elf knew that he would never feel ready to face the terror of his memory. It was something he had to do very soon, and there was no way to prepare for it.

The trouble voice of the man brought him out of his brooding to listen as Bordarigorn told them of his secret. Before we headed out Lord Celeborn gave me a request. We have to erradicate the retreating troops. If there are remaining troops that is. I wanted to wait until we where done with battle, but I just tought you had to know this.The cave is not going to be our only battle." The man said this in such a desperately sorry elf, Durelin felt almost as deaperate as him.

Well, this is becoming more and more complicated by the moment, he thought gravely. Lord Celeborn has some nerve to ask such from six elves who wholely volunteered their lives to rescue one. Durelin was enraged by this, but he quickly calmed himself, as he had trained himself. It was over and done with, the order had been given, and they were to carry it out. Luckily, those who retreat should be few and tired. And if that is not the case with those left from the army...well then it is a mute point.

"Do not look so, Bordarigorn," Durelin said, coming out of his thoughts once again. The man looked so despairing, that you would have thought he was a traitor to the small group. "It is not of your doing that we have received this order. And now it is over and done; the order has been placed on us, and we must carry it out for Lorien," The elf spoke his thoughts.

"Now, are all of you with Bordarigorn, and I," Durelin said harshly, looking at the five elves around him with ferocity in his eyes. "Or must we go alone for the life of Anuion."

The tall elf stood and struggled not to smile at the face of Bordarigorn. It seemed he had expected him to be enraged by Bordarigorn's orders from Lord Celeborn. No, he was much mistaken.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]