View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:06 PM   #57
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Now this is a strange thing to say for a player who sniffed out a Huiwolf, on D2, pushed for his lynching and was killed for it just two games ago (granted, that was last year, but still).
I'm actually embarassed, and feel like I should apologise to Hui for forgetting about this interaction we had. (I am worried however how much this is a sign that I am getting, ah, so old and forgetful, children...)

Anyway, to the matters at hand. I spent a lot of time gathering provisions, cooking and re-reading; but here is a list of my impressions of people so far (which is probably gonna crosspost with a dozen, so I'll have to post more later, but anyways; for now):

Boro - has been vocal, as expected, and overall in the centre of attention. Even though I have to say that he was more in the centre of attention because others started speaking about him, rather than him going out and questioning others, as is more oft his habit. What to make of that shift I am not certain.

Form - has not said nearly enough to merit any reasonable judgment, so I would like to see more from him before I could state anything.

Greenie - actually of all people, the way she posted seems to me the most suspicious. I am still not convinced that she did not have an evil intent in signal-boosting Hui's potential suspicion-wagon. There is also something slippery in general about the way she responds, as opposed to sharper and more focused that I'd expect.

Hui - was certainly very inquisitive, which like I said by itself means nothing, and I was not entirely convinced by his response to my question about him. While questioning people is a perfectly legitimate thing, throwing casual "XY makes me a little suspicious" or sort of implicating the people along with it is a Wolfy tactic. Whatever the case, he is certainly a sharp player, which is a reason why I might prefer to have more time to observe him.

Kath - appeared in her typical style. The one thing that just pinged my radar once was her vote for Morsul, because choosing him of all is something a Wolf with little time to spare could easily focus on - if he is innocent, an easy target (see below). But then again, she had to vote somebody, and her reasoning about the 180-turn is valid.

Lommy - her first posts were somewhat noncommital, but later she started posting some good observations. She is also one of the people who mentioned Morsul multiple times, which, if Morsul is innocent, may be jumping on an easy target - see above and below. Otherwise however seems like normal Lommy.

Lottie - seems very... ponderful (that's a word, I just made it). On first sight did not rub me wrong in any way, is a bit under my radar, but that can be hopefully rectified in the future.

Morsul - he was also in the centre of things, he had some back-and-forths with others. Made some points without giving explanation, such as randomly saying that Hui is "the least suspicious", but him then switching so suddenly makes me think a Wolf would not act so brazenly. Plus, Morsul often tends to rub people the wrong way. That in fact makes me alert about those who jump at him easily, because if innocent, he could be easy prey. That is not to say the 180 is not noteworthy, but exactly that raises the question if it isn't too blunt for a Wolf.

Pitch - whereas I am grateful for him reminding me of stuff I forgot (and embarrassed for him doing so), I find his acrobatics around it just puzzling (as in, firstly, as an argument it's horribly meta and I am not even sure what it should mean, and secondly and more importantly, I am not even sure Pitch knows himself; or at least I am not able to decipher his thought processes). Logical conclusion would be: Cobbler. I am probably going to let this sit and see about him in the future.

Sally - need more posts from her. One appearance with talk about chewing and blood, while sinister, does not make good data for deep analysis.

Soriman - I absolutely hope to see more from him. I am not sure what he means by "Pitch making strange arguments against Huin" - can you perhaps elaborate on this a bit, Soriman? (as in, what in particular do you have in mind, why would you consider it "strange" and how does this fit together, or doesn't, with your own feelings about Hui? I am not entirely sure what were you trying to say there)

EDIT: x-ed with like a billion
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote