View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 06:03 PM   #64
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa sat down next to Toby, who was busily eating his breakfast. "And how are you this fine day, Master Hobbit?" she asked with a smile. "Quite well today, madam, quite well. And you, my lady?" They went through the usual morning talk. Toby would talk of the latest news in the Shire, and Roa would regale him with some good stories of far away places. He never seemed particularly interested in such things, but every hobbit enjoys a good story. Toby also realized that Roa liked to speak of her home. It helped with her memory. He would then tell a fantastic tale of misadventures in the Shire, and Roa would peel with laughter, drawing many strange looks.

Today was special, though. Toby was helping with the party arrangements, and asked Roa if she would deign to help as well. "Of course," she agreed, "It would be my pleasure. What is it you require of me?"

"To be honest, my lady, I was hoping that you would help with the decorations. We need people to move things about, find the proper places, and other such things." He seemed almost ashamedf to ask, and Roa could guess why. After all, she had done hard labor for the past two weeks; decorations seemed like weak work for her. But it would be a nice change in routine...

"Very well, master hobbit I would be delighted." He looked very much relieved. She smiled and continued with her meal.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen