View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 11:38 PM   #47
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dűm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Regin Hardhammer

Regin took a large puff on his pipe stuffed with Gondorian Pride as he sat back against the massive oak tree. He listened as the wind wove through the leaves and swayed the branches gently producing a soothing sound, calming him. Greatly stressed from working for hours on end with very little rest, he had taken a respite to smoke his pipe and relax. Regin lazily watched the sun set in the late afternoon sky streaking the horizon with dazzling oranges, reds, and violets. At that moment, he felt himself touch something greater, and a smile spread across his hardened face. Finishing his tobacco he went down to put in a bit more work before dinner was ready. Regin mused that he would have to thank Carl later for the tobacco and tell him how much he had enjoyed it.

As he walked back towards the building, Regin noticed two new men who looked as if they had just arrived at the Dragon. One of them appeared to be a man from Rohan who rode atop a beautiful chestnut mare. Both wore hoods and seemed bewildered as to the situation with the partially built Inn. Always eager for new workers, Regin walked over and introduced himself.

“Hello, my name is Regin Hardhammer and I am the head of reconstruction for the Green Dragon Inn. Welcome to both of you; we are glad that you have come here to assist us in our task. What are your names? Judging from your baffled looks, you seem to be unaware of what occurred here. Allow me to explain. You see there was a fire started by an unfortunate cooking accident on the part of a young hobbit lass trying to fix breakfast. Although the blaze was completely unintentional, the girl was almost arrested, and would have gone to jail without some quick thinking by yours truly.” Regin beamed as he pointed to his chest and took a while to bask in his own glory. Then he continued.

“Anyway because of me she is serving her time working on the reconstruction of the Inn, cleaning up the mess she started, instead of sitting behind bars. The fire damaged the Inn so severely that we had to rebuild it from the foundation up. After being put in charge, I started working immediately with a team of highly dedicated folk from the Dragon. We progressed rapidly, although not without our share of headaches, including beams crashing down from the sky and nearly killing several workers. We should be finished before too long, but we can certainly use your help in the meanwhile. Both of you are welcome to pitch in and lend some more strong hands towards the rebuilding effort. You may cut shingles for the roof, shape beams for the walls, or nail down the boards on the floor. I put my fellow Dwarf Fungrim in charge of construction of the fireplace in the Commons. He is almost finished there, but may still need some help. Let me know if there's something special that you have an interest in doing.”

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 02-28-2004 at 11:41 PM.