Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 06:44 PM   #293
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Name (that you go by): Kaitlin, Kate, Gersh, Lindril Arvilya, Short Person, Ewok, Hobbit, Hey You Yes You The Little One.
Occupation: Professional Avoider-of-Work. Student, in other words.
Future Aspirations: Get married to my boyfriend, get accepted to any college or university, tour Europe, get a cat collar engraved with "Gersh" on the tag, stay up all night on MSN talking and go to school the next day (without falling asleep).
Goal in life: To find a place that sells plastic sporks in bulk.
Short term goals: Memorize my monologues for next Saturday's audition. I know I should do this because I obviously didn't have them memorized for last Saturday's audition.
Passions: God, my boyfriend Dov, music, dancing, playing Euchre at lunch.
Hobbies: Dancing (my "hobby" of the last 15 years is about to turn into a career, if I get into a dance program), singing ALL the time (no really), making many many many hemp bracelets. They're never long enough to be necklaces.... I guess I'll just keep trying.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Jumping into the ball pit at McDonald's (you must be under 10 years of age and four feet, with adult accompaniment) twice in one week, and not getting caught.
Fave books: The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, The Princess Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Webster's French-English Dictionary.
Fave movies: Disney's Robin Hood (with the animals), Fellowship of the Ring, Spiderman, Why Cleanup Makes $ense (I starred in it... back in Grade One...)
Fave sports: Ballet (you try Cecchetti if you don't believe me), floor hockey, Tig.
Fave stores: Green Earth, The It Store, American Eagle, Chapters.
Fave music: Ska (Mad Caddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones), Celtic/folk (The Barra MacNeils, Natalie McMaster), comedy (The Arrogant Worms) and my favourite since Grade Four when I learned we owned "Gordon", the Barenaked Ladies.
What you can't stand: When someone walks past you in the cafeteria and drops a jumbo can of ketchup right next to you and it splatters all over you (I speak from experience), being left out of a card game, especially when a lot of people can play but they won't deal you in, and George W. Bush.
What you plain dislike: This guy at my school, that my boyfriend lives 2 hours away, that Musical Theatre is Period 2 and I needed the social science credit of Philosophy during that time so I couldn't take MT again.
Who you admire: Jesus Christ, my friends Katherine, Dov, Sandy, and Rain.
What you most love to do: Argue with my boyfriend, go to a moving worship service, hearing a really good electric guitar solo, especially the one in Guns N' Roses's "Sweet Child Of Mine".
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination, laziness, too much grief about my past.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Musicals, mimicking voices, the sound of a cello.
What scares you: Myself (sometimes), the future, loss, spiders (especially the TARANTULA that was in my room that one time), math.
Quotation to live by: If you're going to rape, pillage and burn, be sure to do things in that order.
Additional comments: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2. A good example of my math skills.