View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 03:02 PM   #19
Herenya
Newly Deceased

Herenya has just left Hobbiton.
Inziladun, Galadriel55, thank you both so much for welcoming me, and for your councelling! The advice you gave me helped me see more clearly the path that I will have to take, and discern its final destination, that is, the forum which seems most appropriate for posting of my prospective proposal.

I expect that following the way that would lead me to the Fan Fiction forum would require me to actually write a fanfiction, if my guesses are correct that requests for new fanfics are currently inadmissible. Although it might be an exciting adventure, an attempt to write a fanfiction of such length and detail as that story supports would likely take me a few years of study and trying to improve my writing skills, before I could make it. It's a pity that due to my current circumstances I won't be able to spend that amount of time in the future on writing for my own pleasure alone.

Nevertheless, following your valuable advice, I already seriously thought about asking another question here, namely, whether requests for fanfics are really not permitted in the Fan Fiction forum, or is it just in my imagination. Fortunately, I was finally able to remember the fact that other forums do exist.

Following on, as for the story itself which I talked about, that prequel story is not of a light entertainment or comedy, to my regret. I would honestly not mind to be able to come up with a story taking place in the Fifth Age, the beginning of which was a safe and peaceful period of time according to my version of events. If I could come up with such a story, which I was once almost able to fulfill, and if I was an author confident in their writing abilities, then I would try to write a fanfiction based on that story. Perhaps I would try to make it resemble in some of its features such literary works as, for instance, "Nightmare Abbey" by Thomas Love Peacock, which I had found simultaneously lightly entertaining and humorous after I first got the chance to read it.

However, due to some reasons I couldn't finish my work on the sequel taking place in the Fifth Age which I was just talking about, but I suddenly came up with a story for a prequel while pondering on the confusing plot of the sequel's story. The prequel story which I composed would take place in the midst of the Third Age starting from as early as T.A. 1965. It is a long and sad story the protagonist of which was a Half-elf ranger who dedicated his life to protecting Arthedain from the threat of Angmar, and as a member of a small company of heroes undertook a perilous journey to the east of Middle-earth in a vain attempt to fulfill his most cherished dream.

I'm struggling now with the temptation to provide more details about the events of that story, in case if anyone might be interested in them. However, as my prequel story doesn't fit to this thread, I will make myself not to do spoilers.

So I will most likely try Novices and Newcomers' forum, as my prospective essay is going to be based on my original research, the subject of which is events not described in any of the original sources. I really hope these events don't contradict the official history of Middle-earth set out in the published works of the professor.

As I just noticed that this thread went completely off-topic because of my intrusion, I would like to promise that I will take the liberty to submit another post to this thread someday, particularly concerning the incomplete story for a sequel which I was just talking about.

Last edited by Herenya; 07-06-2022 at 01:45 AM. Reason: fixing typos
Herenya is offline   Reply With Quote