View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 08:21 AM   #571
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Niamh stepped into the Inn behind her sister. It was warm and inviting, a couple of people looked up at them, but they were soon back to their business.

“May I have a room please?” Mylaisa asked the Inn Keeper.

“Yes certainly” the keeper handed over the keys and pointed the two sisters in the direction of their room.

“Go to the room, get cleaned up and sleep” said Mylasia handing Niamh the keys. “I will be up soon enough, I feel hungry, I need some food!”

Niamh left Mylasia and headed towards the room. She unlocked the door and stepped in to a small cosy room, with a fire blazing in the corner. There were two single beds on each side of the room and a window on the far side. Niamh walked up to the window, took a quick look out into the still raging storm and drew the curtains. She opened a small door on the right and walked into the bathroom. She washed and then went to bed.

Ahh! At last a bed to sleep in, they had been travelling so long she had forgotten how comfortable and warm it was, Niamh slowly drifted off into a dream, the fire was still blazing.

“Niamh, Niamh! Come on get up, do you want something to eat?” Mylasia was shaking her. Niamh stared at the window the curtains were now drawn and the sun was rising to bring a new day. The storm had stopped and the sweet song of bird could be heard.

“Yes, I am hungry now”, She got up and got dressed in her travelling clothes.

“Where are you going”, asked Mylasia. She had a wide grin on her face. This was the first time Niamh had looked at her. She was wearing her dress, white, golden trimmed, her long black hair flowed down her back and shoulders, her face was no longer dirty but the bronzed colour it should be. She was beautiful, she was like their mother.

“You have our dresses?”

“Of course”, Mylasia handed Niamh her dress. It was also white and gold. Niamh slipped it on. It felt so light and different, far away were the days when she last wore the dress. The sisters laughed and made their way down to eat.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]