Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #2751
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
To clarify- as with my last one, the password is the theme. (Recall that the Nimrodel is a tributary of a tributary of the Anduin).

So, by popular demand, let's tackle #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
6. NIMRODEL. Nimrod = hunter, plus the Spanish word el. Nimrodel is a woman (her) as well as a thing (a river), (it).

Hmmm ... although I'm not 100% sure about Dale, I'm sensing a connection with water. Nimrodel and Argonath have river connections, and Dale is on or near a lake, I think?

But then, Moria could work for 2 if it's a literal tumbling and a literal (dwarf) short chieftain (and Dale sort of could as well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Ok so

A Short Chieftain Tumbled, here.

Nindalf

A short chieftain
Gandalf shortened to Dalf

Tumbled
Well plenty of soldiers fell in the Dead marshes which is part of Nindalf...

The comma is throwing me off but I feel here just completes the grammatical sentence? Also indicates the answer is a place.
Not Dale or Nindalf. The "short chieftain" is literal; "tumbling" is not. The comma is just to emphasize that the answer is a place (it's not grammatically required).