View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #191
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
First of, to defend myself a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp the Second… and everyone else who voiced similar suspicions
I also suspect Farael for beeing annoyed at me acting as Nilp - but then, for whatever reason, not following in my footsteps. His role was to kill himself. Why did he make a big fuss and not fulfill it?
Quite simply, because both you AND Garin had done it. Adding a third suicidal maniac to the mix would have been stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Funny, though, how Farael jumped to the defence of Kath and not me, when Anguirel apparently jested with both of us.
Two reasons… first of all, at the time of the post I had not realized what that comment meant… second, he did not say anything about you being involved with a group of were-creatures… Honestly, I thought that he was accusing all but everyone to sugar-coat the pill… think about it, the strongest accusation he made was against Kath…. The rest were MUCH softer… If he had been the Seer, the co-seer could have argued this point without looking too seer-ish himself and thus saving himself from a wolfish retaliation.

Now on to the accusing.

The wolves have been smart… Anguirel was a safe kill for them as not only it would implicate me into it, but it would also give enough circumstantial evidence for Kath to argue that it was an obvious set-up and thus she could not possibly be wolfish. Some villagers have already voiced that proposition and I shall suspect you all for it. While it’s not enough evidence to indict Kath, I think that if she were a wolf, she’d be very interested in killing Ang last night. If he was a seer, she could point out that he accused many people. If he was innocent (as he turned out to be) and left to live, he could have kept on being random and watering down the “too obvious of a setup” argument. If he had kept on accusing people with strong words, no-one could have said that his death implicated him too obviously…. As it’d implicate half the village as well.

It was the right time and under the right conditions for such a kill. As well, note that I said I did not believe he was the Seer (I was right) and that he was a wolf trying to impersonate the seer (Others have said that he could have looked Seer-ish, so it’s not just me saying so).

I’m starting to think Kath is actually a wolf… if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.
-If Anguirel was the Seer, Kath might have been done for, but there would have been three more wolves remaining to only one Seer
-If Anguirel was not the seer, Kath could argue that his death shows a clear set-up and it might give her a little longer to live, thus making her look innocent (and for the looks of it, it worked)

Don’t disregard my words too easily (not a seer hint) as some of you seem to prefer weird, far-fetched theories than simpler, more logical ones. Sure, it could be that Lhuna and Formen are the lovers because they showed pretty much opposite voting behaviours and maybe they were lovers trying to differentiate from each other but odds are, they are not. I’m talking odds here, I’m not saying that it could NEVER be the case, but given a logical choice, we should follow simpler theories that are easier to test than more complicated, far-fetched ones. Or maybe it’s just the scientist on me talking.

Anyway, I want to hear some more from Kath… and tar-a, not for her vote last night but because she often makes well argued points yet last night she didn’t.