View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #107
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapofberen View Post
@ Pitchwife: I like the way you think. Very well balanced.
...and apt to get me suspected in Werewolf for being wishy-washy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapofberen View Post
@ Nerwen: You sound mad.
No she doesn't - she's the voice of reason itself, only a little bit grumpy at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You jumped into this thread and started attacking us in what I can only call a pretty darned hostile fashion for arguing with Dakęsîntrah's interpretation of Tolkien's work, and especially for asking him to provide evidence for his remarkable claims.
Actually, I don't see all that anger and hostility in leap's post - s/he was critical of the previous discussion, to be sure, but didn't make a hostile impression on me. I may of course not have gotten some nuances of language, not being a native speaker etc.

leap and blantyr, if you're interested in a discussion of the pros and cons of what I think you call intellectualizing, you might like to have a look at this thread.