View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #290
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Day 5

After the death of the faithful Nogrod the rangers pulled their act together and lynched Bom who did turn out a victim of the Black Numenórian magic. Great was their sadness for what had become the fate of their trusted friend. But after they found Sallykins dead the next morning it started to look like too much and Faramir stood forwards and called for attention.

The hall was quiet except the rushing noises of the waterfall behind them and all eyes were nailed on Faramir. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, like he was revaluing whatever it was he had in his mind to do. Finally he cleared his throat and stood straight looking at his men all in turn. He looked grave but like all good captains, encouraging at the same time.

“Good rangers, my friends, my fellow men of Gondor, my trusted mates at tough times… This will have to come to an end once and for all unless we wish to let the Dark Lord to have it his way. And I think I know how – even if it will probably mean the death of some of us. Most certainly mine.”

The rangers looked at their captain with affection and fear. Suddenly Mablung and Damrod moved simultaneously forwards from the line of the rangers drawing their swords together and turning to face the others. “We will protect you my lord”, said Mablung glancing at his captain. Damrod nodded and added “You will not die as long as we live. Any sorcerer has to pass our blades to get you”.

“I thank you my trusted friends. And as I know Mablung is free from evil – and if he will stand on behalf of you Damrod – I’ll take your word for it. And nothing would be dearer to me than to see you two as true.”

“I will grant you his loyalty to Gondor my lord.” Mablung said without hesitation, looking at Faramir to the eye. “We have watched each others’ backs since this folly began and I can tell you Damrod is true”.

After Faramir nodded there was a moment of silence as everyone waited for the next turn of things.

“I have received help from an unexpected direction.” Said Faramir in a low voice, turning everyone into a big ear. “For Valar be blessed they have answered my prayers and sent me dreams about you and your true identities. And I do think it is time now for me to tell you what I know… besides Mablung… and Damrod being true.” He glanced at the two and made an assuring nod.

The rangers glanced at each other in disbelief and suspicion – and in hopes their best mates would not be listed in what was to come.

Boro and Nate, step forwards!” Faramir called.

The two men stepped forwards and many a blade was drawn. One could feel the tension inside the hall behind the waterfall.

“You two are true to Gondor and there is no fault in you. Take my side with Mablung and Damrod!”

The two followed the order. All eyes were focused on the remaining four rangers – even the eyes of those in that line of four.

“I was told we have three victims of the necromancer within our numbers and we have killed one. So that means two of you are… already dead and your physical corpses serve the evil.” Faramir sighed in pain thinking of his men dead and being turned into actors of this nightmare.

“For your honour and my sanity, tell us now and save us from more of this folly!” cried Boro and took a step towards the four raising his sword.

“They will not answer your question my friend”, said Damrod laying his hand on Boro’s shoulder. “They’re dead already.”

“We can’t kill them all just to be on the safe side”, cried Nate. “There needs to be another way.”

“And we can’t just let them fight it out themselves either…” murmured Mablung more to himself than to the others.

Faramir had been quiet for a while but now he had made his mind. “Listen to me! You Agan, Glirdy, Inzil and Lottie! Who of you will protect me, who of you will want to kill me?”

All four raised their swords and ran towards Faramir calling his name. In the few seconds of confusion none of the known true rangers could act as they didn’t know whom to stop – and that was enough for the Black Numenórean spirits. Inzil managed to cut deep into Faramir’s throat before Glirdy hammered his sword through his back – but someone else managed to cut a deadly wound on Glirdy and he fell down bleeding from the artery.

Agan and Lottie were standing facing each other their eyes flaming when the others finally surrounded them.

“We don’t wish to kill you both so come clean now evil spirit. You have lost!” cried Mablung.

“Surrender, evil!”, called Nate bringing his sword forwards.

“Which one of you is the necromancer’s servant, answer!”, yelled Damrod.

“Decide yourselves!” cried Lottie and ran his blade through Aganzir. “There’s no master like the Dark Master!”

“Villain!” yelled Boro and chopped Lottie’s head off with one swing.

There was a silence. An awkward and heavy silence. Faramir laid dead in a pool of blood, and so did Glirdy and Agan – like the oddly twisted bodies of Inzil and Lottie which turned into something they could not recognise.

“We did it…” whispered Mablung.

“Yes we did, but with a price.” answered Damrod.

“It is a sad day indeed when lord Faramir goes to the everafter!”, sighed Nate.

“But Gondor will not fall. Hurray for Gondor!”, called Boro.

“For Gondor!!!” the four yelled.

THE GAME ENDS.

The rangers win, the Black Numenóreans lose.

DEAD
Pitch (Mod) - pushed over the edge Night 1
Gal55 (Anborn) – pricked to death Day 1
Nog (ordo) - silenced with a pipe down his windpipe on Night 2
Bom (Black Numenórean) – lynched on Day 2
Sallykins (ordo) – killed on Night 3
Glirdy (ordo) – lynched on Day 3
Rune (Faramir) - killed eventually by the odd kind of lice on Night 4
Inzil (Black Numenórean) - lynched on Day 4
Aganzir (ordo) – killed on Night 5
Lottie (Black Numenórean) – lynched on Day 5

SURVIVED
Greenie (Mablung)
Boro (Ordinary Ranger)
Nate (Ordinary Ranger)
Shasta (Damrod)

Feel free to discuss, everyone!

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-22-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote