Thread: Other Mearas?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 07:30 AM   #30
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

Super horses? I can see what you mean, although they didn’t have anything distinctly different in appearance to normal horses, like say, an enormous growth, that would probably be the best way of describing them.

I assume that the mane difference would be that they would have longer endurance, run faster and perhaps live longer. SO I think that comparing Horses and Mearas to Elves and Men is a good analogy. Although it is rather easy for people to tell between Elves and men, as Elves have leaf shaped ears and are fair of face. But In Lotr an elf says that "To other sheep, sheep may look different" so that may be the case. Or could it be a case of "Sheep get like Shepard and Shepard’s get like sheep, but it is closer with horses and Mearas"?

Perhaps the Mearas looked some how different, being descended from a horse of Valinor that would be likely. As for Huan, what I meant was that If he had had offspring they would have become a new form of wolf, or wolf hound if you like. One could argue that Wolf and Wolfhound are perhaps as different as Elves and men also!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 04-11-2004 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote