View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 07:36 AM   #5
Suldaledhel
Eru's Gift

Suldaledhel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I get what your saying now... Hmmmm this sounds suspiciously like an attempt to bring about a master race of elves and elven cities.. Indeed the cloaks of lothlorien have interested me for quite some time.
Quote:
For each they had provided a hood and cloak, made according to his size, of the light but warm silken stuff taht the Galadhrim wove. It was hard to say of what colour they were: grey with the hue of twilight under the trees they seemed to be; and yet if they were moved, or set in another light, they were green as shadowed leaves, or brown as fallow fields by night, dusk-silver as water under the stars.
Because of this we can only guess what they were made of... Its my own experience that silk is not very warm, but I do believe there are fabrics sheen in appearence that do change color in different lights, if not to the same extent.. I shall have to ask my mom, she knoew an awful lot about fabric.

-Sūldal ~ "See, half-brother! This is sharper than thy tounge. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be master of thralls." -Feanor to Fingolfin-
-=I may be found merrymaking at The Barrow Downs

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 05-23-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Suldaledhel is offline   Reply With Quote