View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 07:12 AM   #4
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Yes , those type of material technologies -but also their singing , lembas ,mirovour,the robes of Lorien. The 3 Elven rings etc.
I am just wondering if folks have guesses as to how [within ME or similar things IRW] are done.
A further example: many people have heard stories of feats of yogi's and meditators,martial artists and Ascetics , some of their sciences and disciplines are well documented. For instance if you meditate 3-5 or more hours a day your need for sleep will most likely diminish radically.Sometimes down to just 1 hr. or less. Rqather Elf- like
achievment I would say. Some people [and Ihave met them] gain near miraculous vitality and a 'glow' if you will-from eating only living [raw] foods , they can work many ,many w/ out tiring ,there minds do not fatigue either - and I know of one person who was a singer who undertook a fast of just Water and fruit and juices for a month or so. His voice, whichh was hardly a mess to start w/ became amazingly clear , again I would have called it [nearly Elvish].

Now I know some people find this kind of speculating useless or even dangerous if not just plain stupid, so though I have been thinking on this for a while I hesitated to put this q. up , but as it is something I am always on the look out for I finally gave in.

Lindil is often found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowdowns Silmarillion canon , theories and discussion Forum
'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.'
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 05-23-2005 at 10:41 AM. Reason: cleaning up old codes
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote