View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:07 AM   #159
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome Sephiroth! Looks like you already made up your mind, but I wanted to support your idea #1. A "bad" character could make the story more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Just to mix things up a little bit, perhaps we could meet said new character along the way somewhere and be forced to take him along, rather than have him be yet another visiting friend/relation who happens to get invited to come with us.
This is a very good idea. Sephiroth, I thought that maybe you could connect your character with Mishka's (my character's) appearance. He's going to join the company after some time when they cross the Brandywine and enter the Shire itself, so it's still a long time till that, and it won't mix with the storyline that is now being created about the other characters (as it seems problematic to join them all together even as it is). I have the idea that my character will appear while trying to sneak up on the company. So, if you considered joining along with me (or around that time), we could try to think of something together.

And concerning your name, I have to second Lommy on that Heroes thing (Sephinroth was a hero from Dungeon, right?). Though there was also another thing that immediately appeared in my mind when I saw your name. And that's, probably, from where the FF authors even took the name (because I don't know about any other source in which the word "sephiroth" appears) - it's a hebrew word used in certain ways of mystic judaism for ten "attributes" of God (it's plural, singular would be "sephirah". Similar as with the words like "behemoth", people don't usually know where it comes from and that it's in fact plural). I doubt the FF authors had any intention with it, it probably just sounded "cool and alien enough" But you see, this far your name is not creating exactly the assotiations you intended
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories