View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The cool crispy, spring rain beat down on Bunny's head with a "Pitter-Patter, Pitter-Patter" The drops were beginning to get bigger and to Bunny, somehow wetter. Poor Bunny was drenched to the bone and despite the warmish weather, her teeth began to chatter. " Oh!! I should almost be there. Why did I have to take the scenic route? It will be nice, I said, it shouldn't rain today. BAH!!"

Bunny swept a soaked tendril from her face and pushed forward. Being flustered from all the sudden rain, she lost her balance. Her feet tried to grab a better hold of the earth to no avail. Everything was one big mud hole. Her feet gave way and she slipped forward, her heavy pack flying over her head, knocking her in the head as it went. She fell to the ground with an OOffff!! doing a full fledged face plant into the mud. She rolled over rubbing her head but lay there for sometime, in the mud, with the rain splashing all around.

As she lay there , Bella Took began to have doubts. "I'm not so sure, you've gone and done the right thing, Bunny dear. Look at you" she said to herself," Not even to Buckland and you've gone and muddied your things and from the looks of it ruined your food. Tansy would be crazy to want to come with you, she will probably take one look at you and close the door in your face screaming ' Go away Bunny dear!! No adventuring for me!!' Well, there is no good a reason to just lie here gettin' all wet. Let's have a look at what I've done." With a creaking protest from her sore knees Bunny got to her feet.

Her pack had spilled it's contents. She never was good at tying knots. Her small store of food, including her bread, bacon and eggs were completely ruined, having landed roughly. Her extra clothing was hanging half out and was soaking the remainder of the dry supplies at the bottom.
She began to angrily throw all the muddied contents back into her now soaked pack. "Dang it!!" she yelled out loud, scaring a few nesting birds from a nearby tree. Night was creeping up quickly and she could still not see the lights of Buckland. She had taken the route skirting the forest and had turned towards the bridge at nearly wooded hall. The rain had come upon her with little warning, and didn't seem to be slacking. She had no choice but to carry on wet, muddied and bruised. She would have to wait to see what Tansy would make of her. Bunny eased the pack back on and pulled her hood down over her forehead to block some of the rain. She stared at her feet and willed them not to fall again.

About an hour after her fall the rain begin to lighten, and she could see the lights of Buckland. Her heart lifted when she neared Tansy's home. The lights were on and smoke rose from the little chimney. Someone was still awake, probably waiting for her, for she was now very late. She let out a long sigh and headed towards the door. But in true Bunny style, as she lifted her foot to the porch, her toe caught on the edge and again with a small squeal she fell onto her knees with a crash.

Right at that moment the door opened. The warm light and the smell of mushrooms and bacon wafted out. Bunny lifted her head and grinned.

"Well 'Ello Miss Tansy! I've made it at last. No worse for the wear I should say. Are those mushrooms I smell?"