View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 04:11 AM   #124
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

First Post (First Draft)
Ok everyone, here´s a draft for the first post. You can come in whenever you want to, but I´d like you to have all B and C people meeting Finduilas Face-to-Face, or at least being at the greeting event. okaay?

Note: Tessa is my main character. You´ll see the Bio soom

Tessa woke up. Pushing her thick, brown curls out of her face, she streched around cat-like, squinting around the unfamiliar room. It took her a moment to realize she was in Minas Tirith, not in her room at home in Dol Amroth. Tessa tiptoed out of bed, careful not to awake her peacefully sleeping sister. The girl peered out of the window, trying to get used to the unfamiliar view unfolding under her eyes. As far as Tessa´s eyes could reach, she saw houses, streets, carts and so many people! The sun had barely risen, and they were already crowding thre city, bustling and babbeling; giving her an idea what she had to expect from the next few years. Not that bad, no. In fact, Tessa liked it. It reminded her of the big spring-market back in Dol Amroth, a big attraction in that lazy, beautiful sea town. Tessa crept back into bed, but she couldn´t go to sleep. Instead, she studied Finduilas. Her sister looked stunningly beautiful, even now that she was asleep. Tessa snuggled in her arms. “Tessa.... lemme sleep...” the woman grumbled. The girl smiled and gently tickled her stomach. “Tessa! Stop it!” She pulled her hand away. Grinning, she gave her sister a hug and wispered “Rise and shine, Lady of Gondor. Today´s your big day!”

My big day, Finduilas thought. Half-smiling, half-frowning, she recalled all the “big days” she´d had in the last few months- the day father had announced her wedding to Denethor, the steward to-be. The day she´d left Dol Amroth. And today, when she´d first meet her husband and all the court of Minas Tirith would be her big day. Like her wedding, like the birth of her first son would be “big days”. Like every day she lived and breathed could be a big day. Finduilas pulled on the richly embroided, white gown she´s be wearing today. With Tessa´s help, she put up her hair into an elaborate bun, and slipped on two beautiful, fish-formed earrings. Adjusting her shawl –it was a bit cool- she looked at her sister. Little Tessa seemed lost in adoration. “I think I´m ready,” Finduilas said quitely. Her eyes filled with tears at the sight of that girl worshipping her like she was some kind of goddess. “Oh Finduilas, you´re so gorgeous!” Tessa cried, hugging her sister. “You´ll be the most beautiful Lady ever”

Nervously, Finduilas tapped her foot. She was to meet the important figueres of the court first, the the Steward and then, at last, Denethor, her future husband. Right now, she was greeting every lady, girl and mother of Gondor, or so it seemed. She smiled, looked elegant and tried hard to remember name after name after name after.... from time to time she caught Tessa´s look.

“How do I look?”

“Brilliant.” Tessa mouthed. With a mock look, she added “You Lady you!”