View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #75
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
I think that the issue of retractable votes should be looked at in greater depth. The wolves know each other’s identities and have been given the opportunity to strategize. They are better equipped than the gifted and ordinary villagers to work as a team, as they need not worry about trust. This, I feel, makes retractable votes all the more useful for them, it can be utilized by the team of wolves much more readily than by the village as a whole. Although I am sure that the wolves will be protecting themselves by not all taking a stance in this issue or taking different stances, my guess is that at least one would want to make sure to establish themselves as a retractable voter. This way, suspicion would not be thrown their way upon utilizing this tactic later in the game.
This is a list of the individuals who have voted alredy and how many times they have voted.
Boro => (3)
SpM => (2)
Caran => (2)
Nilp => (1)
Cailín => (1)
Lhuna => (1)
Celuien => (1)
Tom => (1)
Durelin => (1)
TGWBS => (1)

I am not sure that a wolf would argue as strongly as Boromir did on this issue, then again the wolves probably want to make sure that this tactic is able to be utilized later in the game. Boromir sets up a defence for future votes, saying that he did not want to reveal his thought process, as it might aid the wolves.
Quote:
Since I'm innocent I can't say how retractable votes benefit me. That will only give the wolves clues to my thought process, and inside information to my own mind. And that's not good, if the wolves know their victims they are much more dangerous. So, I prefer to with hold information as to some things that I feel like doing (retracting votes for instance).
This seems like a convenient way to get away with not jusifying votes.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote