View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Spm: you are making a lot of sense - at least I see it that way. And if my suggestions have not been enough until now, please Changeling, read Spm's post #46 and think once more for this:
Quote:
=Spm
So, Changeling, play for the village. You know it makes sense.
That's your bet!

Well, surely it's possible that the game gets into a situation where the Changeling has a chance to decide the game (knowing or guessing a wolf in a 50-50 situation and killing a villager for her/him and the wolves to win - well: 50-50 + the Changeling - I suppose the Changeling is counted as a villager in the tally?). But that chance is not the most probable, particularly if the Changeling plays for the village and reveals her/his knowledge at some point! And if it goes the bad way and the Changeling wants to assure her/his victory, well, I don't see us others having any means to stop the Changeling there. That's the role given to this game and we have little means of stopping her/him in that situation. But loyalty to the good cause...

But I would be a bit worried about a widespread use of the retractable votes. I see one good use for early retractables, namely the chance of getting the behavioristic "action - reaction" -stuff with them from an overjumpy wolf. I do not deny the value of this one. But if the overall feeling about them is that it's just some playful villagers toying with them, we could lose some wolvish trials for bandwaggoning in the midst of them. I could see the wolves trying something like that: let's see if this lynch-proposal gets some support, if not, let's change and try differently! Or they could just hide the wolves in the making the Day1 just one piece of mockery.

And here I agree with Spm again, we just draw different conclusions: I believe Day1's are good days, for about half of the games I've been in a werecreature has been catched on Day1! So let's keep looking around... and let's not waste them with just making fun of them. If everyone plays the trickster, it's hard to see, who's the evil trickster. If everyone plays openly, the wolves will have harder time to hide themselves...

PS. I have a bunch of exams to read and have to commit a lot of time to them today, but I will be back later and try to be more particular then.

EDIT: X-posted with Spawn, SPm and Caran...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote