View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Name: In Adunaic it is Tûbilrânbâ, according to the BD Name Generator.

Quest: The same as everyone else's

Favourite colour: Sea blue

Most beloved Tolkien character: Gandalf and Saruman

Least beloved Tolkien character: Manwe

Worst habit: Smoking

Best habit: Flossing, I suppose

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Chloe Sevigny

Weirdest hobby: All things herbal and shamanic, and Central African literature

Best place in Middle Earth: Nargothrond, and all of the main settings of The Fellowship of the Ring besides Bree

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Hawai'i -- my current home!

Most embarrassing moment: On the Downs? I suppose any time I read a post that is 2+ weeks old. (That's about how long it takes me to despise my writing.)

Most daring moment: Jumping off a fifty-foot cliff took a lot of chutzpah, and waterfall-jumping even moreso. I don't think I've ever been particularly daring here on the Downs.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Miranda Otto. (She was fine, but nowhere near the Eowyn of my mind's eye.)

Theme song: All of Sublime's "40 Oz. to Freedom" LP

Style guru: Rick Santorum

Most crucial accessory: As long as I'm physically intact, I'm good to go.

Greatest weakness: Jagermeister. (Also, see Worst Habit.)

Greatest strength: Ability to laugh at myself

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Books (although you wouldn't really know looking over my posts)

Best Downer Buddy: Bethberry, Lush, Esty, Underhillo. I don't generally like name-dropping, and I'm sure a few of these BDers wouldn't have my name near the top of a similar list, but these are the few I've enjoyed conversing with the most and feel I've learned the most from.

Parting shot: Aha! This whole time you thought my answers were thought-out and serious, but I took this whole survey blind-folded!
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."

Last edited by Son of Númenor; 11-09-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote