View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 01:51 AM   #160
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Énien found it har to sleep that night. However she was tired. The elf had climbed to the lower broughs of a tree, a place off the ground. She had trusted Bregand enough with the first watch in case the villagers came back. Murderer. I am no murderer, I am an elf, and that is all it seems i will ever be, an elf and an elf messenger. she thought of her home. The Valley, Imaldris, as she drifted off into sleep.

In her dreams it seemed that Énien could hear the fain words of an elvish song she used to sing when she was young. Her mother would sit and watch as her fingers slipped from the strings of her harp when she was still learning.
"Not so hard, Énien, stroke them as hey were delicate." Seveniel would say.

The elf smiled in her sleep, then opened her eyes slowly. It was no dream. The voice of Turthôl was singing. It was the first time he had uttered elvish words since he had been with the comapny. Énien sat in the tree watching him sing and hummed to the tune. When Turthôl finnished she drifted off into sleep again, but not before glancing once more at the night sky.

Dawn. Énien woke, seeing the sun peeking over the far ridges of some mountain. The others were still asleep, though Turthôl was still on watch.

"Did you stay up all night?" she asked standing behind him. "Yes." he spoke back.
"That was a beautiful song you sang last night, it is a shame you can never go there." she spoke. Turthôl said nothing. "I dont think you are crazy Turthôl. I think you are smarter than that, but you make mistakes. We all do, even the elves." and with that she went to wake the party.

"Wake! Dawn has spoken!Today we must ride!" She knew some of the others were not quite ready for riding so early. There were several groans throught the camp. "Would you rather we get caught by another group of elf-weary, murderous accusating townspeople?" she said with a slight laugh. The others finally began to get out of their tents, and Énien went to the stream, with boots off she walked through the cool water.

"What are you doing?" Rave said sitting on a near by rock. "Im walking through water, what does it look like im doing? care to join?" the elf was now looking at her reflection in the water. "I dont look so fair this morning do i!" she laughed, her hair was tangled and her skin fairly dirty. "No one would guess you were an elf" Rave replied. Énien took out her hair and re-did it. "come Ravenne, now for some breakfast!"

"No thanks" Rave said now standing. "I feel a little to betrayed by my people this morning to eat." Rave frowned. "That was an unfortunate misunderstanding." said the elf putting her hands on her hips. "Rave, i want you to know, that I would never kill like that, I was bluffing. I only kill in self-defence and retribution." They walked back to the fire.

[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~