View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 09:53 AM   #186
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dűm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Here is a post to be fit into the relevant save.

EDIT BY PIO: This post has been placed on the game

“Bestialán!” Maulká breathed, watching the man charge the loathsome creatures who had desecrated the sacred waters. Maulká watched, thinking, He is a fool, but only if he is killed. If he is victorious, he will be called hero. Aloud she said, “It seems we have found Bestialán.”
“He is outnumbered,” said Nephil. “He will be killed.”
“Yes, and he doesn’t need our help to do that,” Maulká replied. “I have no wish to die fighting beside a fool.”

They watched as the dwarves recovered from Bestialán’s wild attack. Once the element of surprise had faded, numbers quickly turned the battle. Even the native warrior’s superior reach and skill brought down only a few of his opponents, whether dead or merely injured Maulká could not tell.

She and Nephil watched the battle impassively. Bestialán fought well, but he was soon overwhelmed. The faint moon was sinking when Nephil murmured, “Spirits protect his spirit,” and the sounds of battle were silenced. Maulká observed the creatures return warily to their camp. “They fight with more skill than I had expected, and their numbers are too great for us to overcome.” She noted. “We should return to the caves. Others will join the fight when they hear of the sullying of the sacred water, and Bestialán’s family should know of his death.”

Nephil agreed, and they crept past the creature that stood guard nearby, moving more quickly as they reached the canyon entrance. They hurried toward the eastern tunnel, merging with shadows in the hour before dawn.

Anyone- I will not be able to post again until sometime on Monday. Please feel free to carry Maulká if it becomes neccessary.

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-04-2004 at 11:17 AM.