View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #99
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Channeling "Eorache" from Bored of the Rings?
"Vat do you mean, ve have a funny vay of pronouncing ze Vyestron in Dorvinion? *mutters* Arrogant Númenórean suprematists..."
Actually, I imagined Coldan's accent to sound somewhat like Star Trek's Chekov. "Keptin, ze Ringvraiths are penetrating ze Rammas Echor!" (The German sync speaker in Star Trek 2009 had the awesomest fake Russian accent I've ever heard, palatalized vowels and all. [/OT])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm not quite sure yet where Vëandur's going to make his entrance. I think I'll just look at how things start to play out and take it from there.
Spontaneous idea which may not appeal to you and I don't know what Ang thinks of it, but couldn't Vëandur be Cirdacil's nephew or something? I mean, with Cirdacil originally being a merchant, he could have a younger brother who went to sea, couldn't he?

phantom, I think Coldan is beyond himself with pride to be cast as Gimli - usually, he only gets roles with little stage presence and next to no text (think of characters like Ceorl or Hirgon in the book), having to hide behind the sets and prompt most of the time. But I suppose Gimli's part in the play - which must originally have been quite substantial in order to please our Dwarven fans back home and would have been played by someone else then - was cut a lot when Aldarion adapted the play to suit Gondorian taste?