View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #42
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Shield Rohan: Mellon-Amroth

Amroth considered the three young riders before him, his eyes ice-cold and distant with distraction, his body restless and eager to be moving northward. The big chestnut jigged and sidestepped with an eagerness matching his rider's. But at the young lady's question, Amroth settled his mount with a word, met her gaze, and briefly opened his mind to her thoughts.

Pity?

One eyebrow twitched upward in suprise; the last emotion he would have anticipated from a young mannish lady, yet it warmed his heart. Five thousand years of wisdom reflected her her compassion for another moment, and with a subtle bow of his head, he accepted the unexpected pity as the gift of a gentle heart. When he raised his eyes to her there was bemusement in his gaze.

"Greetings Lady, and welcome. My common name is Amroth, though few know it in these parts. I return to my erstwhile kingdom to find my betrothed, who these months past did not appear at our planned harborside tryst. Gentle lady, I beg you to understand my haste. In your kindness delay me not, for I have no other purpose but to find her. And now, " he returned his gaze to Ędegard, "do I understand that you did not bring this excellent mount as a provision for me? If you wish him returned, then I must dismount and hasten north to Lorien on foot, yet he would be a great boon to me in my search. Will you loan him to me, or no? Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose quickly, for I will not delay!"

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-27-2004 at 12:34 PM.