View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 AM   #686
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
The most recent game began at the end of January (28th to be precise). The thread was started in June of last year.
Surely not last year! The year before. And it was already running when I joined (I believe about two PTs were done that far). So if it was June, then June 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think a "one sentence" rule is not rigid enough, seeing as how, in my extensive experience and professional opinion and so on and so forth, it is entirely possible -- especially among such an intelligent and irrepressible group of virtuosos of verbosity as we have assembled here -- to drag out what is technically a single sentence to the length of a short paragraph, as the present performance is intended to demonstrate in a humorous (or at least mildly amusing) fashion; furthermore, considering the generosity of Mr. Hookbill, who has said, and I quote, "I want as many players as possible", I would like to be added to the list for the next game, so it cannot be said that my opinion on this matter is wholly irrelevant.
I think Rikae summed it up quite well, even with a good example. If you want to have fun, then you can keep one sentence and be aware of the fact that something like the above quote may appear; or you should, and that I would stand for, make a limit for the number of lines, or letters, or something Or both, which would be maybe for the best. However I like to have the possibility of writing creative long sentences, I think when one is forced to stuff all into smaller space, it has funnier results.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote