View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #62
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Thank you, Helen. I will certainly take "defender of the canon..." as a compliment.

Here is a draft of sorts for Erebemlin...I am still developing his personality, so that will change and grow as we progress in creating the story.

~*~*~*~

NAME: Erebemlin

RACE: Sindarin

APPEARANCE: Erebemlin’s golden hair hangs without curl or wave midway down his back. He keeps two braids, one on either side of his face, and ties a leather band around the rest to hold in position. The ellon has a large presence with a height of close to 7’, broad shoulders, and thick legs. His eyes, which are clearer than blue, confidently gaze down the long narrow nose that shadows his thin lips. Although it rarely does so, when his mouth curls into a smile it covers the width of his face. Often when one sees this rare occurrence, one cannot help but stare.

PERSONALITY: Erebemlin can easily be described as somber. He does not speak negatively without reason; rather he rarely speaks at all. Others have often been offended by Erebemlin for he does not laugh to be courteous. So many stories and anecdotes have been lost on this ellon.

Erebemlin has always found it difficult to show affection, and strong emotions make him feel uncomfortable. This does not mean he doesn’t feel strongly about certain people or situations, rather he sees the feelings as a weakness.

HISTORY: Erebemlin was still very young when the last Alliance between Elves and Men was formed, and he remembers the air of uncertainty that filled the forest during the next several years. A clear picture still remains in his mind of the day his father followed Gil-Galad to Imladris, and how he never returned. Tumegil, Erebemlin’s father, was slain in the Battle of Dagorlad alongside King Amdír.

When Amroth took his father's place as King of the Forest, Erebemlin felt a strong connection with the new King, since they had both lost their fathers. It was at this time the young Erebemlin swore an allegiance to Amroth. He was 25. As soon as he had permission, the young ellon began training and learning the ways of the Tirith. He was finally allowed to join the guard as a squire. Throughout the years Erebemlin strived to do his best in every position his held until he was finally given the title of Silmaethor (Shining Warrior). Taking his status seriously, Erebemlin was known for his “no nonsense” approach. Erebemlin served his King with every ounce of his being, and although he may not have realized it, he looked to Amroth as a father.

When Amroth left for Valinor, Erebemlin grieved silently and bitterly. Part of him wanted to follow his master; however the forest still needed him. His service was respected by Galadriel and Celeborn also, and when they departed soon after the War of the Ring, Erebemlin was soon one of the few that lingered in Lorien. He saw himself as a protector of the forest. He knew the mountains were not rid of the nasty Orcs, and he would not leave Middle Earth knowing Lorien could be taken by those despicable creatures.

~*~*~*~

I am open to suggestions, and if anything needs to be changed, I will do it.