View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #102
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Korin spoke passionately and forcefully, without fear of a reprimand. She did not strike Nali as the fearful type: a rebel rouser, but a fearless one. By the tone of her voice she was not one to be pacified into coming with him, persuasion was needed. Nali, however, was not the persuading type; he would have much rather try to win her over with flowery words and ancient similarities to the great women of the Longbeards. The purpose of the council would not be overturned if Korin would leave, but Nali hated to see his efforts wasted.

“Thou art impetuous, Korin,” Nali stated. “Nothing moves according to plan, but as long as the result is right in the end the events that lead up to the conclusion matter very little.” Nali had not stated this to be nasty, or for it to be a form of rebuke. Nevertheless, it occurred to him that she could take it as another restraint attempt, on his part.

“This is how I see things. My advice is not law, as Tror’s is now.

“Thou sayist that thou art not welcomed at the council, this is not true. It is true, however, that thy’s voice has been silenced, but I pray for you to excuse Tror for that. Insults are not easily brushed off by warriors, and Balin’s death must still weigh heavily on him. It is also worth noting that he does not take part in these councils that often. Just like thineself, such things are too slow for him; but compared to other councils I have attended, this one has moved quite rapidly. Such impatience is good in a crisis, thy’s impatience is a good sign.

“My reason for my requesting thou’s presence to the council had changed once I caught the full usefulness of thy’s character. My original intent was for thou to be an emissary to the womenfolk: to calm their fears, but it soon became evident to me that thou would stir up more unrest than sooth it. Thou has a critical wit, and I wanted to thou to use it. Thou spoke rashly, the time was not yet ripe, but the time has come!

“Thou art not a noble. So, therefore, you are not tainted by the politics that trouble our circle. Thou would rather speak out against flaw and foolishness rather than keep silent.”

The old dwarf paused for a minute, and then started to laugh. “See, even now, how I have wasted time with my flowery speech! Nevertheless, my point was made. Thou’s criticism will be most welcomed now that the battle plans are to be revealed; thou were not made to tend soldiers, Korin. Will thou go and change the bandages of soldiers, or come back and change the telling of history?”

Nisa

They were nearly caught by a women that had left the council. Nisa thought she had seen her before, but was certain that the lady did not belong in the council. A man followed her out shortly after, and Nisa recognized him as Nali.

The two figures were soon talking. Nisa looked at Onli for direction.

"I've brought you this far," she stated in a shaky voice. "What is your move now? Shall I introduce you to the council?"