View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #99
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nali

Loni was at his side as they drew closer to the table, and together they studied the map while waiting for Gror's response. Nali's mind was racing with the facts of the past. Texts from the chronicles of Erebor, many of which he helped write, were coming back to him now. Nali was reminded of how the Goblins held the high ground of Azanulbizar in the Great War near the very spot that they were standing on. The Goblins, however, were superior in numbers in that battle, and the place that they had held could easily be defended by an army that allowed itself to outstretch the lines of the enemy. Now Trór, as Nali guessed, had found a spot that could be defended by their small army. Oh the excitement of it all! No matter the peril, Nali was excited about the forthcoming battle. The historic significance of it all, it would be the final battle to keep the Orcs from ever recapturing Khazad-dum, he was sure of it.

Kórin had so silently crept away from the others that Nali barely noticed her leave. The old Dwarf caught a glimpse of her stealing away to the gates but made no immediate attempt to stop her until she could not see him follow.

“Fill me in on the council,” Nali whispered over to Loni. “It appears that my reluctant companion has left us. I’ll be back soon.”

Slowly, cautiously, Nali inched his way away from the table to where he would not be noticed, and stealthily sprinted after Kórin. Nali stopped trying to be silent after he had entered through the gates, it would be better if she knew he was following. The dull thump of his boots echoed off the walls of the First Hall and alerted Kórin.

“What is this?” Nali asked Kórin as she turned to faced him. There were still many steps between him and her, Nali stopped twenty paces away. He crossed his arms and firmly planted his feet evenly apart from each other, Nali had already shown humility in chasing after this rash girl. Nali, a noble of kingdom of Khazad-dum, was not going to be subjected any further to the whim of this women. Yet he did not scowl or speak haughtily to her, it was not in his power to force Kórin to stay and if she was going to stay, as he hoped, it would be of her own will. She would have to come to him.

“Thou hast not even heard the strategy of which I intended you to hear,” Nali continued. “If thou does not want to listen to the important matters that the council has finally come to, why did thou consent to come in the first place?”

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 01-22-2009 at 03:36 PM.