View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #246
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Uldor did not see what took place in the clearing. None of the Ulfings did. The servants were yet busy about the boar, others were holding the horses. The three brothers sat mounted on their horses, forming a triangle with their backs to each other.

Uldor was consumed with impatience. Discontent, treason, and fear of treason in return never let him sit still for long without doubts creeping into his mind. Now he sat in restrained silence thinking about what the two, frantic Borrim might possibly have to say to Lachrandir in private.

“I should not have let them go,” he muttered. “Whatever they have to say to him should be for my ears as well.” His hand shifted and then clenched on his knee. His horse moved uneasily beneath him, and then suddenly lifted his head and gave a shrill neigh.

“Quiet, you beast!” Uldor exclaimed angrily. The horse’s noise subsided into an uneasy rumble in his throat, but his ears and head were still up.

At that moment, the shouts of a man reached the Ulfings’ ears. All the heads of both man and horse turned and looked in the direction the elves had gone. Tathren, who had remained behind, suddenly leaped back upon his horse and urged it into the trees, disappearing from sight almost at once.

“Ulfast!” Uldor called out behind him and spurred his horse forward without waiting to see if his brother would follow. He trotted through the trees and came to the clearing. He stopped his horse abruptly and his mouth opened at the sight before him.

Tathren knelt above the still and bloody figure of Lachrandir. The Borrim were nowhere in sight, and the killer, whoever it had been, was gone also

Udlor dismounted and hurried over. “What has happened? How was he killed?”

Tathren did not reply immediately. His throat worked momentarily as he tried to swallow. “I don’t know,” he finally got out. “But Lachrandir knew there was treason. He told me.”

Last edited by Folwren; 04-19-2008 at 09:29 PM.