View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #439
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Cir wilted inside, in the face of his sisters scarce concealed fury - it was one thing for their parents to be angry and disappointed in them - that had been a fairly normal state of affairs for the past decade or two but he could not remember his sister ever being quite this angry. - They argued of course as siblings do but she normally calmed down after a while,and remembering this he made no further effort to impede her departure. To try to talk to her now would probably make things worse he decided besides it seems she had secrets of her own. She hadn't seem surprised to see Jadelen - and to see one of the few other young elves of Rivendell,here of all places was pretty surprising, especially since Gable was already living at the inn. It would be more or less just the old folk left in Imladris he thought taking a sip of his tea before speaking after a momentary pause to the man.

"I'm sorry about that Edric, I guess I should have told her .... but girls are strange sometimes....but I suppose you know that if you are the only man in your family" he added almost smiling for a moment. He quickly reviewed in his mind what else Edric had said and wished he had paid more attention to his lessons.

"I am afraid I don't know very much about recent events in the South - my father went to Gondor but a long time ago - he was in the army of Gil-galad at the Last Alliance but his father and brother were killed so he doesn't talk about it much ....and I am afraid we didn't pay much attention when Erestor tried to teach us and he gave up - so I am a bit hazy on everything after the meeting of Cirion and Eorl." Cir spoke sadly, embarrassed both by his ignorance and his earlier outburst.

"I didn't realise Rohan was so bad - I though it would be nice there - with the mountains and the horses and near to Lorien and Fangorn". Cir had made more effort in the study of geography than history. It changed less frequently and had seemed more useful.

"Oh have you ever seen an Ent? I am not sure I believe they really exist! And what about wolves ..have you ever seen them before today?". It was not the most subtle segue but his genuine curiosity about Edric and his anxiety about the fractured relationship with his twin had not driven the seemingly orphaned wolf-cubs from his mind.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 02-18-2007 at 02:01 PM.