View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #438
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
'Good-for-nothing wastrels.' The words spun round Cir's head, almost echoing as things clicked into place. Her brother's bad moods lately, the quietness, the turning to her for advice in so many matters. Had Ada truly said such a thing? Had they really disappointed him that much?

She barely noticed as Cir left to fetch a cup of tea, neatly excusing himself from what he knew was brewing in her. But he couldn't stay away forever. As lost in thought as she was Cir was aware of Edric and how uncomfortable her hurt and agry silence was making him, and knew that her brother would not be able to stand by and watch as the poor man continued to fidget in his seat. Sure enough, before too long Cir was back, allowing Edric to relax and continue his tale. Still though she barely listened.

'Good-for-nothing wastrels.' Why hadn't Cir told her? They always shared everything. Where was the point in having a twin if they weren't there to be your confidant? Anger grew in Cir as the feelings of betrayal thrummed through her, making her usually still frame agitated. Jerking her head to the side she caught sight of a familiar figure carefully picking it's way through the crowded common room. A few seconds passed as she focused on the newcomer, until some sense that they were being watched caused them to turn. Their eyes met and a smile spread across Cir's face. Jadelen. Suddenly realising that Edric had finished speaking she picked up on the last few words he had uttered.

"Anyway, enough about me for a while, I would think that you two would have far better tales to tell."

"Apparently so!" She answered, one quick glance at her brother all she needed to convey her disgust at having been left out of the loop. "And it seems that it is Cir here that has many such tales, as well as the one we intended to tell you, so I shall leave him to tell you them. I must excuse myself, I've just seen a friend I really have to welcome."

Rising from her seat Cir directed a graceful bow at Edric and headed toward the site where she had last seen her friend from home. Her brother she treated with a cool indifference, not even looking at him as she felt his fingers reach out to grab her sleeve, and felt a disquieting sense of satisfaction as she sensed him withdraw.

Slipping through the furniture she found Jadelen leaning against a wall on the far side of the room, obviously waiting for her.

"Mae govannen!" Cir called as she reached Jadelen's side. "I am so glad you've come, the things I have to tell you!"