View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #436
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Carantilion was piqued enough not to be so easily shushed by his twin sister and before the still slightly flustered Edric could reply, he cut in his words tumbling almost as much as the man's had done:

"She's always getting me in to trouble and we're probably in more now since we shouldn't really be here.... we slipped off for a walk nearly a day ago now ...and we have already been...", he struggled for the Westron word, "banished? from home.. well maybe banished is not right but we have been sent away for a while..to stay with our aunt - now you should hear her music - it is wonderful but she hates performing - whereas we love performing but don't get the chance so much ...they don't think we are so good at home, in fact Ada thinks we are good-for-nothing wastrels ... " .

He stopped, sensing before he saw, the startled look on his sister's face and hung his head. He had blurted out to this kind faced stranger what he had concealed from his sibling, the gist of the overheard conversation between his parents. His pale face flushed and was glad that his dark hair had fallen to shield it from his companions on either side.

"so it was very kind of you to say that you liked our music Edric... " he added quietly, and picking up his mug. He gazed into it's emptiness as if it was a Palantir, "I think I will get another cup of tea? Would either of you like anything - then we can hear all your tales of Rohan" he added as nonchalently as he could manage, as if he had never uttered his outburst but his eyes were low and a little too bright and he was biting his lower lip... Cir hadn't cried in public for years and he was determined not to do so now. He had managed to control himself in the face of the ire of the elders of Imladris but perhaps kindness was harder to deal with.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 02-13-2007 at 05:46 AM.