View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #725
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Erebemlin inhaled deeply and glanced at the swamp elf before turning back to King Elessar and beginning. “My lord, it is nigh on one week since my companions and I entered the swamp to seek for the young women who had vanished from our company. What we found was this elf and his Merlock servants. He held the women captive and proceeded to wound one before our eyes while threatening to kill her. The others his filthy servants brought forth, and they had begun already to devour one young girl who came from this very city. Alas, she was lost to us.”

Erebemlin paused to let this news settle. Taitheneb lowered his eyes, and the king furrowed his brows, motioning for the elf to continue.

“A member of our company, young Raefindan, a Man of the north, handed himself over to the beasts in return of the safety of the remaining young women. Tharonwë then fled south with the man. We tracked them for two days, until on the evening of the third night, the pair, elf and man, returned to us. Afterward, we continued our course to the south, to the Pelennor Fields, and finally, bringing him to the great gates of the city and to you, for we are far from our realm and wish to be rid of his presence.”

Elessar leaned forward, concern and curiosity written in his brow. “You have answered one of my questions, Erebemlin, but you have only mentioned one of your companions, this man from the north. Who are the others, and how did it come to pass that you are companions?”

Erebemlin did not answer immediately for how was he to explain this strange quest and how his king returned to him in the body of a young Gondorian blacksmith. “It is a strange tale, my lord,” the elf spoke slowly. “For I do not understand all of it myself.”

King Elessar glanced at the elegant Queen and sat back in his throne. “I would have you tell it regardless.”

“It was two weeks and two days into Rhîw that I had two visitors that came unlooked-for to my home in Lorien, the fair. Both were humans, young men. The first was a wayfaring boy, wild but loyal to the other. The second…” Erebemlin paused and glanced at Taitheneb who reassured him with a nod. “The second appeared to be a young man of Gondor, but he claimed to be…the Lord Amroth.”

The king raised his eyebrows and Erebemlin saw a small smile of amusement play across the Queen’s face. “He claimed to be Amroth? Amroth, King of old, who was lost at sea?”

Erebemlin’s face remained unmoved as though his features were carved from stone. “Yes, my lord.” The elf lowered his voice and continued. “What is stranger still is that I looked into his eyes and touched his mind…and saw that it was so.”

Elessar ran his hand over his beard, smoothing it thoughtfully. "This is strange news indeed." His voice was low as if half speaking to hmself and he spoke slowy. Erebemlin watched the king turn to his queen and it appeared that something passed between them, but the Lorien elf was not so brazen as to attempt to touch either of their minds. After a few moments passed, Elessar returned his eyes to the tall elf. "Please, friend, continue."

Erebemlin told the king and queen all that had happened from the day Amroth came to him until that very morning. When his tale was complete, Erebemlin watched as Elessar and Queen Arwen appeared to hold silent counsel.

Last edited by alaklondewen; 07-11-2006 at 02:59 PM.