View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #233
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

“Yes, yes, of course you are, but it all was well worth it, wasn’t it?” Isabel said waving down a server.

“Oh to see Elliana beaming so! It was most definitely worth it, but I should think that I might warn the others in my family that there will be no more marriages until I’ve a chance to get well rested. One can take only so much of stumbling through the house to start the fire for breakfast. There have been so many bodies laying on the floor in the mornings, if not for the thunderous snores you’d think that a massacre had happened there!” Edelis laughed.

“Then they have all left now?”

“The last one early today. I’m as free as a lark and I intend to enjoy it for a while!” she said, her dark eyes smiling as a young Gondorian girl drew up to their table. Turning to her, Edelis placed their order, “Could we have two, no three glasses of wine Miss? No, no, better make that a bottle and something we might eat as well.”

“Yes, Ma’m,” the girl said hurrying across the floor.

“Ma’m?” Edelis echoed a smirk crossing her face. “Now doesn’t that make me feel old?” She flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. “You are lucky you came when you did Isabel, there was very nearly a row in here a moment ago.”

“A row? So early in the day?” the fair-haired woman remarked.

“Yes, shall I tell you of it? It seems we have a Beorning in our midst, see there he is! That large fellow there. He came looking for the elf woman at the table with him, it looked like it was going to be a bit of a challenge at first, not at all friendly. Can you believe the elf’s child actually asked if she were going to kill him? I nearly had to leave when I heard that! Entertainment is one thing but one must consider one’s safety you know.”

“Child? Which one is hers?” Isabel questioned glancing at the three handsome children in the room.

“Why, all of them!” Edelis exclaimed. “Now what sort of life this little one knows that he should ask such a question I leave you to speculate on. And what sort of mother would inspire it?” She shuttered dramatically. “Certainly not my own mother, nor any other I have known. This lady must be some sort of renegade! I only wish she would speak a little louder.”