View Single Post
Old 08-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #69
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Looking at this Planning Thread, I am beginning to think Ealasaid talks too much! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Either that or she needs to find some other things to do... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But seriously, that being said, I have an updated version of my prospective outline. Please feel free to pick it apart or toss it in the trash.

Quote:
ACT 1:
Lespheria departs, leaving Amandur at the inn, where he remains in the hopes of finding out where Naiore is. He already knows she is somewhere in the north.
Naiore & Vanwe meet up in the woods outside the inn.
Kaldir captures Gilly, who is trying to rescue Benia.
Hanasian returns to the inn from Bree to discover that Benia is gone. His suspicions are aroused when he finds that Kaldir and Gilly have vanished as well.
2 Shady Underworld Types arrive at the inn.
?? 2 New Rangers arrive at the inn, meeting Amandur and Hanasian??

ACT 2:
Kaldir returns to the woods, where he had earlier sensed an ominous presence, and discovers that it is indeed Naiore. (How?) Bent on revenge, he picks up her trail.
Naiore, whose original intent was to kill Vanwe, changes her mind & decides to use Vanwe in order to catch Kaldir, whom she never quite managed to kill during the war. As her own form of stress-relief, she would rather like to finish the job.
Hanasian & Amandur also learn of Naiore's presence (possibly through one or another of the inn personnel that Vanwe might have told in her hurry to leave “I‘m leaving with my mother“, or some other vague remark that only someone in the know might truly understand the significance of.)
Having been intercepted and turned back by a messenger from her twin brother, Lespheria returns to the inn, where she rejoins Amandur.
Hanasian joins forces with the other two (as yet unnamed) Rangers.
?? Hearing somehow of Naiore’s presence, the Underworld Types decide to seek her out??
They all depart (in separate groups) in pursuit of Naiore.
Gilly and Benia accompany Kaldir as his prisoners (sort of).

Act 3:
Naiore takes up with the two Shady Underworld Types, much to Vanwe’s consternation, with the intent of using them insofar as they are useful. Realizing that Lespheria and more Rangers than just Kaldir are on her trail, she decides to kill as many of them as she can.
The Hunters & the Hunted all stalk each other a bit. There are run-ins & confrontations as Naiore attempts to take out her pursuers by whatever means she has at her disposal.
Gilly & Benia try to decide whether to assist Kaldir, escape from him, or attempt to redeem him.
?? Kaldir & Hanasian clash over Benia??

Act 4:
As they near Rivendell, Naiore changes her focus again & speeds toward Rivendell, forgetting her pursuers for the moment in order to plan how to get at Menecin.
?? Lespheria & Amandur join forces with Hanasian's group?? They ride ahead to Rivendell to warn Menecin & Elrond's sons.
Shady Underworld Types begin to plot against Naiore.
Kaldir continues to track Naiore.
?? Gilly & Benia chance upon Vanwe & try to talk her away from Naiore ?? (This would be an attempt to help Vanwe, but I imagine Vanwe would view them with suspicion as they are traveling with Kaldir)

Act 5:
Naiore makes her attempt to kill Menecin. She fails & flees, deserting Vanwe to her fate.
Kaldir, who has not entered Rivendell, again picks up her trail.
Naiore learns of her Underworld cohorts’ plan to betray her. She deals with them, then flees south toward Gladden Fields.
Kaldir is joined in the hunt by the others. Eventually, they corner Naiore for a final showdown.
We tie up loose ends … or set up the sequel… Lingering Darkness II: Naiore Escapes!
The End.
Anyway, I hope it gives everyone a little more stuff to think over. I know we are all waiting for Elora to get back into the discussion before settling on anything definite.