View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 02:44 PM   #40
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am half-tempted to send this guy a link to the Barrow-Downs. Come on, just having him around to bash would be fun...

And all that about Tolkien. Poor hellbound Roman Catholic! *laughs* (Obviously all Christians are not safe...) I should show this site to my Catholic boyfriend...

Ooh, and apparently "ten short years ago", the occult wasn't an issue. How many people here have parents who read LotR?

GaladrieloftheOlden: I was about to put up the verses of the plank/speck when I saw you already mentioned it. Meh. Here 'tis, for those who aren't familiar with it. Out of this same man's Bible, ironically.

Matthew 7:1-5
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I think he needs to realise what a "Man of God" truly is before he can tell others that they aren't it.

*sigh* It makes me weep to think about this. Just think- this guy may be someone's only Christian influence, and they'll either grow up just like him or rejecting Christianity completely. God, if you're reading this, please help him out.

P.S. I was a Wiccan for a few years (and have a few Satanist friends), and I have found nothing to relate to that in either Harry Potter or LotR.

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Lindril Arvilya ]