View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 11:43 AM   #29
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

God is the God of love. He really is. If you look at the human race it is amazing He hasn't killed us all yet! He gave us free will, to do whatever we want( even to embrace evil) because he loved us. f he hadn't done so and made us robots ( like how the Dwarves would have been if Iluvitar hadn't adopted them) God would not be called the God of love and mercy. I think that the reason we die is because the older ya get the more evil has entered your heart(Hence the Hurons, and the reason why God gave us a flood. Among other things). I think that this guy has been corrupted from what could have been a beautiful relationship with God and Christ by the doctrine of a legalist church. This web site is a site put up by an organization not just one person; at least that is what I think. There has always been a problem with strickt doctrine. Man made doctrine is a fars and yes there is a lot of it around. These people who follow this kind of doctrine think a lot of things:

First and most predominate you can't be saved unless you believe in the 7 twenty four hour days.( looking at the Silmiriloin I don't think that even Tolkien believed this. Personally I think God took his time. After all he was creating a work of quality)

Second, you have to be baptized ( was the thief on the cross baptized). Or it must be in a certain way,(does it matter)sprinkling or emersion. Personally I have been baptized twice once in my back yard in a stalk tank.( ooooo I was not baptized in the church building itself what a sin.)

Third if it mentions Wizard it is evil( well they should do research)

and so on....

like you are sinning if you drink.(well Jesus drank wine, not grape juice. I have had people tell me that Jesus drank grape juice. They did not have a way to preserve grape juice other than to let it ferment back then. He was not a like Samson.)

The list goes on. I am a Baptist and believe me even in my church there is a lot of stupid things that goes on in that church as well. My grandmother( who is a missionary wife) love the Lord of the Rings. She thinks that it is these small legalistic churches that believe like the puritans.

This person, who wrote this one-sided paper, needs to sit down read his Bible, and research what he is writing about. (Maybe I should do that too) I did send him, or they an email with that other post( I have said this before) so maybe we can hear back from the people.

And here I go again editing things. This is another point of]doctrinal contention in the church

Also here are some scriptures to look up. I don’t feel like typing them all out:

1 Sam. 25:20-35

Gen. 34:16-20

Luke 7:38-50

Acts 28 :22

Romans 4:1-5

Deut. 9:4-6

Is. 57:12, 64:6, 65:5

Luke 11:42, 18:11-12, 11:39

Here is a defintion of magic from Nelson's Quick Reference Topical Bible Index. Magic, magiian-- the art of doing superhuman things by "supernatural" means.

So I wonder does this apply to the Istari who are supernatural beings? You tell me. I think that this defends LOTR because I shows that it is superhuman things done by a human by the supernatural means. Not supernatural beings doing superhuman things and so forth.(confused yet?)

Melyn,

Annalaliath

(If I have wondered off topic let me know.)

I already did send them a link to this site.
[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]