View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 11:56 AM   #19
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Pipe

I actually understand that person's point of view. Firstly, he has probably been brought up a strict Christian, and so is going to try and promote righteousness. He has been brought up to believe that anything to do with magic is evil. I can understand that he would stick to this belief- like if you'd been brought up to love and respect your parents, and lots of people started telling you bad things about them, you'd naturally
a)not believe it
b)try and change their minds
However (this is a very big "however"), I do not like the fact that he seems to have given himself the right to tell others whether God accepts them or not, and whether they are serving Him as they should do ("If you have attended the movies and enjoyed the occult books and allowed your children to do the same, you are an enemy of God. Or if you or your children have read the satanic books and delight in the occult, spells, wizardry, and witchcraft, you are an enemy of God! Then know this: YOU ARE NOT SAVED! YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN! ")-that to me is a form of blasphemy, to give yourself status high enough to be able to say what God finds good/bad. I myself am at the moment becoming more Christian (reading the Bible, praying, and starting to generally find out about Him) and I do not feel that this man has any right to tell me, without any evidence, substantial or not, that because I have read the LotR and HP books and liked them (even if this was before I found God) I am automaticaly and irreversibly hellbound.
The sad thing is that he will never read the books because this, from his point of view, will make him a "God-hater"-not because he'll miss out on great works of Literature, but that he'll continue blackmouthing them unsupportedly and unjustly in my view until he dies.
Also, I love the way he insults Tolkien:
Quote:
The most foolish argument I've heard is the claim that the writer of Lord of the Rings is a Christian therefore his occult books are OK to read. Let's answer that dumb argument right away! NO he is not a Christian! The man is a lost hellbound Roman Catholic who loved spells, witchcraft, wizardy, and other forms of the occult. His demonic fruit in Lord of the Rings speaks very clearly that he is not one of God's people. The authors of occult entertainment such as Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are nothing more that Satanic pied pipers leading people to the devil. They are leading people away from God and the Bible and straight into the occultic arms of Satan. Why would a professing Christian even attempt to justify the occult. The only reason I can think of is these people never were saved in the first place!
Next thing you know, he'll start selling Indulgences...or not, because that's a fake way into heaven. I think I'll stop now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I think this thread is great, but I also think that if the angry smilies and theological aspects of it get too much, it will be closed down and fall into darkness.