View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 12:52 PM   #74
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

^^^^^Erebor/Lonely Mountain^^^^^^

After their introductions, Frain stood near the table, seemingly speechless. He looked with stern eyes on the young King and in Frain's mind all he could think of was how unsuitable this dwarf was to be a king. He seemed so young and inferior, unable to comprehend anything going on around him.

When the King had heard suitable replies, Stonehelm invited them to be seated.

"I have summoned you here so you can decide which route you will take," the king started.

"So it is true, my King? That a messenger has come from Minas Arnor?" Frain suddenly was snapped back to reality from his thoughts. So the rumors were true.

"Yes, I have recieved a message saying that in little over a month an audience with the new King of Men will be held in the White City. I have been asked to send delegates, but as I do not trust the Men entirely I give you, Frain, the choice of a few exceptional engineers. I shall also send my chief delegate, Glaven," the King explained, taking note of Frain's interruption.

"Sir, what do we the people of Erebor need to talk to the Men about? And besides, it is a long way to Gondor, and there are still orcs about the hills," Glaven asked, with his already pale face turning almost white.

"That is what you are here to discuss. Now, the Elves of Mirkwood have sent a message asking the men of Dale and us to go with them. The dwarves of the Blue Mountains have sent us message saying they would like to discuss, when we are all in Minas Tirith, the rights of Khazad-dum. They believe they have some right to claim it," Stonehelm spoke now as though a heaviness was on his heart.

"Elves? They are dispiccable!! And the dwarves of the Blue Mounts have not had much to do with our place in Moria! We have nothing here to discuss!!We will go to Minas Tirith by ourselves and give those dwarves something to think about!" Glaven spoke in outrage, for he had little love for Elves.

"Now, now, young Glaven. I am prepared to debate a little. So long as," Frain spoke and looked from Glaven to the King. "As long as there is a suitable amount of payment, I would be delighted to talk to some of my best teams of engineers."

A gleam was caught at that moment in Frain's eye.

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]