View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 11:37 PM   #19
Baran
Haunting Spirit

Baran has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In Norway, where I usualy live, dubbing is shunned. Most childrens movies are dubbed though, mostly by tv and theater celebreties, but thats it. Why dub when you can use subtitles? <BR>I'm an exchange-student in Thailand now, and at the cinema they usualy play the movies with the original soundtrack and thai-subtitles. On TV everything is dubbed though. Which doesn't really botter me since they NEVER send anything worth watching.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> In Denmark, movies are usually subtitled - if not for any other reason economical ones, being a small country it would be impossible to have Danish actors dubbing all those foreign movies <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I think you are wrong when you say it's beacuse of economical reasons Denmark being one of the richest countries in Europe and everything. I would love to see Danish dubbing though <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But then again, TTT and FotR would be strange for the non-english speakers, wouldn't it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No, why should it?
Baran is offline   Reply With Quote