View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #329
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, catching up on this thread took all of twenty-odd minutes--much longer than I expected on the basis of posting from the start of the Day. Good to see though.

To Boromir's highly relevant remark that people aren't paying enough attention to Nerwen and her relationships, pre-death, I must admit this is a very valid criticism, but in my own defence I was quite tired and more than a little forgetful last night, by the time I got back online after my power failures. That being said, I've still got no thoughts on who Nerwen might have been wolfing with, in the basis of the Nerwen posts. It is my general assumption that most players of this game (most, not all) are adept enough to play somewhere in that vague zone between mentioning a fellow wolf and drawing attention to a fellow wolf, and Nerwen certainly struck me as one of the line-walking capable.

Not that there's nothing out there to indicate her comrades, just that I'm not confident enough in my ability to spot it bother digging with a single half-hour left in the Day, and nothing leaping out at me.

What is leaping out at me is the randomness of Rikae's vote for me--natural, given that it's got my name in bold letters and there's a certain rush that comes from being voted for, but I really must say that her complete lack of reasoning, even if grounded in real life reasons, is almost insulting. I'd like to hear what reasons people have for killing me, even if they are ludicrous.

Much like Eomer, I'm finding myself vastly more confident today about Mith's innocence, though for different reasons. As for Eomer himself, however, I'm in a quandary of doubt based on this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I'm not constructing a logical argument to demonstrate my innocence. All I'm saying is that if I was a wolf, I'd be gentler in my public dealings. I am not trying to convince you -- that would be futile -- but perhaps some other folk in the village remember me as a colder, more dismissive wolf, rather than the loud, fight-seeking chap I'm showing myself to be here today. It's not general; it's particular to me. Frankly, I don't care if anyone buys it; I'm not hiding my thoughts, and it's way less pressure to play as an innocent.
Now, unlike Nilp, I'm inclined to agree with this statement of Eomer's inclinations, but like Nilp, it gives me great cause for concern. While I'm willing to concede that Eomer has become a vastly more stable wolf than he originally was, I'm also entirely willing to credit him with presence of mind and strength of character to play the part of the bouncy, random ordo when he's actually the wolf. If he has indeed become a more cool, dismissive wolf, then this would bespeak a cunning and ability to plan that could easily translate into an act--as the loud, fight-seeker.

That being said, however, until he posted the above, I was feeling more sure about Eomer's innocence than I have all game. Clearly, other people are getting suspicious today, based on the votes, and I'm inclined to wonder if maybe Eomer is our freshly-bitten wolf.

More to come... must refresh, as there are sure to be more posts by now, and to recollect my thoughts.