View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #719
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
That is what landed them in the "at risk" category.
All contestants are at risk of being voted off. That's kind of the point of the show.

Are they at greater risk of being voted off than other contestants? As a group, yes. As individual Dwarves, no (again by virtue of their numbers). They are in an individual competition, so this can hardly form any basis for complaint. It is up to each individual Dwarf to persuade the viewers that they deserve to stay. Some have managed to achieve that so far.

Quote:
You are evidently not really reading my posts and are just assuming what you want to see is there.
I could say the same. Listen very carefully, for I shall say this only once (more). I have not been voting against Dwarves because I have any irrational dislike of Dwarvenkind. I have been voting against them because, throughout the show, they have significantly outnumbered the other categories of contestant. My aim, therefore, has been to even things up and thereby produced a more balanced show (for the benefit of the viewing public's enjoyment and, thus, the show's ratings).

Given that there are solid rational and reasonable grounds to support my voting pattern vis a vis the Dwarves, it can hardly be described as discriminatory or prejudicial, in the sense that those words are normally used (which implies an element of irrational dislike or hatred, based on age, race, sex etc).

You, on the other hand, have been persistently voting against Tom for the last few days simply because he is a Troll. And you accuse me of prejudice ....??!!!

Quote:
No matter what happens now, I'll be able to gloat insufferably.
And you expect us to believe that you wouldn't have found a way to do so in any event?

It is quite clear (whatever you may say after the event) that you desperately want a Dwarf to win. Otherwise, why the unjustified, slanderous and assault against those of us who have been voting for Dwarves? Methinks the Dwarf doth protest too much.

But I take comfort in your evident discomfort at the fast reducing Dwarfish population.