View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #713
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Ah-ah-ah. This is utter nonsense. Your activities have had a disproportionately negative impact on one particular race. That would qualify under the definition for many of the professors under whom I have studied.
You are unfortunately mistaken, my dear fellow. I have nothing against Dwarves per se. I am just against a disproportionate number of Dwarves remaining in the contest. Ergo, I am not prejudiced against Dwarves, but simply seeking to maintain some kind of balance to the contest. As one who is concerned about ratings, you will no doubt appreciate that the majority of viewers will turn off in their droves if the final comprises solely Dwarves. Continued high ratings depend on appealing to the entire viewer demographic, not just those who happen to be Dwarves.

In any event, assuming a Dwarf goes today, I will be content to leave the remaining three alone - for now at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I'm in, Saucey, though I bet you targetted Fili not Kili just to irritate me...

EDIT: I meant "Kili not Fili". That rather proves our point...
Oh, sorry Ang. I genuinely thought that I had chosen your least preferred "-ili". Not that it matters, surely. They are, as I have said, pretty much interchangeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Ang, I will hold you to your pledge vis a vis Tom, tomorrow, and may you drown under a deluge of neg reps if you play me false.
Actually, Lal, the pledge was mine. And I will hold to it, provided that Kili goes today.