View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 06:27 PM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The group had covered the many miles in a few short hours, riding into sight of the city at last. Inzillomi rode in what was far from normal to her, cradled in the arms of the stranger that was to be her husband. She had forced herself to relax; to act as though this were an every day occurence. She fell deep inside her own thoughts, listening to the sound of her breathing; counting the beats of her heart. To a stranger, she looked as though she'd been born to ride double with Abārzadan. Their ride had been mostly silent, with a few quiet comments about where to stop.

Now, outside Arminalźth, and just out of sight of the city walls, they studied their options. Every entrance was heavily guarded. The King's Men swarmed disturbingly in much the same way that good guys don't.

They dismounted, stretching their legs, and spoke quietly in the shadows.

"Now my doves," Inzillomi drawled drily. "we've arrived. How do you plan on getting into the city? Thoronmir, though he has not been seen in this area in quite some time, is a public face that many will know. I am the wife of Abārpānarś, and well known in my own right. Abārzadan, I know you little, so I could not tell how recognizable you are, but Azarmanō, it seems that you are the only of us that could enter unnoticed. I would recommend the sewers, gentlemen, but I have no doubt that they are watched as well. Are there, perhaps, servants' entrances that we could use with care?"